1. What is a Digital Signature Certificate?
. Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the digital equivalent (that is electronic format) of physical or paper certificates. Examples of physical certificates are drivers' licenses, passports or membership cards. Certificates serve as proof of identity of an individual for a certain purpose; for example, a driver's license identifies someone who can legally drive in a particular country. Likewise, a digital certificate can be presented electronically to prove your identity, to access information or services on the Internet or to sign certain documents digitally.
2. Why is Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) required?
. Like physical documents are signed manually, electronic documents, for example e-forms are required to be signed digitally using a Digital Signature Certificate.
3. Who issues the Digital Signature Certificate?
. A licensed Certifying Authority (CA) issues the digital signature. Certifying Authority (CA) means a person who has been granted a license to issue a digital signature certificate under Section 24 of the Indian IT-Act 2000.
4. What are the different types of Digital Signature Certificates valid for MCA21 program?
. The different types of Digital Signature Certificates are: Class 2: Here, the identity of a person is verified against a trusted, pre-verified database.
Class 3: This is the highest level where the person needs to present himself or herself in front of a Registration Authority (RA) and prove his/ her identity.
5. What type of Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is to be obtained for eFiling on the MCA Portal?
. DSC of Class 2 and Class 3 signing certificate category issued by a licensed Certifying Authority (CA) needs to be obtained for efiling on the MCA Portal.
6. Is Director Identification Number (DIN) a pre-requisite to apply for DSC?
7. What is the cost of obtaining a Digital Signature Certificate?
. The cost of obtaining a digital signature certificate may vary as there are many entities issuing DSCs and their charges may differ.
8. How much time do CAs take to issue a DSC?
. The time taken by CAs to issue a DSC is in 2 days.
9. What is the validity period of a Digital Signature Certificate?
. The Certifying Authorities are authorized to issue a Digital Signature Certificate with a validity of one or two years.
10. What is the legal status of a Digital Signature?
. Digital Signatures are legally admissible in a Court of Law, as provided under the provisions of IT
11. What are the Internet Explorer security settings required for registering the Digital Signature Certificate for ‘User Registration’ or ‘Role Check’ purpose?
. You need to follow the steps given below:
In Internet Explorer, click on Tools > Internet Options > Security.
Click “Internet” and “Default Level” button and change the Security Settings to “Medium”.
Click “Custom Level” Button.
Enable the “Download Signed ActiveX controls” option.
Enable the “Run ActiveX controls and Plugins” option.
Enable the “Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting” option.
12. Certificate carries the message "validity unknown" in the Digital Signature of ROC with question mark ?
1. Download the Certificate corresponding to approved SRN from the FO portal..
2. Open the certificate and check whether the Digital signature is validated or not, if DSC marked as “?” then we need to validate the same
3. Right click on the Digital signature and click on “Show Digital Signature Properties”
4. Click on “Show Certificate” tab.
5. We will find 6 tabs in a single row, click on “Trust” tab.
6. Click on “Add to Trusted Identities” tab as shown below
7. Now a dialogue box will appear for the acrobat security on clicking the “Add to Trusted Identities” tab, click on “ok”.
8. Check all check boxes as shown below under Trust Tab. Click on “Ok” button.
9. Click on the “Validate Digital Signature” tab and check the Validity Summary points mentioned under Summary tab will change to green coloured and warning sign as shown in red colour.
10. Close the Digital signature properties.
11. The Digital Signature is authenticated then the certificate DSC marked as “?” will turn into green coloured tick mark as shown below. If Digital signature is not valid then user has to raise ticket to get the valid Digital signature.
13.. I am currently the Bank Official/Nodal Administrator and want to update my Expired DSC. What should I do?
Digital Please follow the following steps to update your expired DSC:-
1. Go to MCA21 Portal (www.mca.gov.in/MCA21).
2. Go to the ‘Services’ tab on the Home page
3. Click on the ‘Register Digital Signature’ link
4. Click on the link “Update DSC for Bank Official/Nodal Administrator”
5. Fill-up the mandatory particulars like
6. User Id of Bank Official/Nodal Administrator
8. Email Id
9. Click on the 'Next' button
10. Select the Digital Certificate
14. How to troubleshoot errors faced while using DSC?
. Please refer the steps given in the Troubleshooting Errors While Using DSC to resolve this.
15. How to register Digital Signature Certificate for Bank Officials?
. Please refer the steps given in the How To Register Digital Signature Certificate For Bank Officials to register Digital Signature.
. We provide class 2 and class 3 signature used of mca filing and e tendering.